Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our trip to the Washington Coast!



Last week we took a trip to the coast of Washington. Some friends of ours have some property in North Cove...and they invited us to go up there with them. Of coarse we couldn't pass that up...so we went and pulled the camper. I have been wanting to go to the coast for quite some time now...and finally we were able to go!! What a beautiful and peaceful place. At the end of their road was the ocean...so we walked there quite often. Our kids absolutely had a ball. It was so fun to see their faces light up when they saw the ocean for the first time. They were never bored. There was always something to do or explore!

One morning...while our friends were out running on the beach...they came across a baby seal lying on the beach. So we went to see if it was still there...and it was. I have never seen anything so cute and fuzzy. I just wanted to pick it up and squeeze it. I guess from what I hear... the mom carries her babies up to the beach where they will be safe...while she goes and hunts for food. They say sometimes she can leave her baby for up to 2 days. We thought that was pretty cool that we were able to see that.

From walking on the docks eating our ice cream...to finding the coolest creatures at low tide...our days were full of exploring and excitement. I am so glad we were able to go...and I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was so fun to watch my kids...and see how fascinated they were. I LoVe the BEACH!!!






2 comments:

Deb said...

That looks like so much fun! I can only imagine what a blast your kids had!

The Coburns said...

So beautiful pictures! I love the ones of macey in here pjs in the camper to cute!